Face-to-Face Counseling Services
Handling a cancer diagnosis can be very stressful and demanding. While it is normal to experience distress, when it becomes long lasting or is getting in the way of daily living, face-to-face counseling may be helpful. Even if your distress is not extreme, a few sessions of counseling can go a long way to help you feel less overwhelmed and more in control.
Our licensed clinical social workers specialize in helping people cope with the challenges that often accompany a cancer diagnosis. Counseling sessions provide you with the opportunity to discuss your concerns in a safe, non-judgmental setting. These sessions focus on ways to ease the emotional suffering you may experience during and after treatment. For example, we:
- Provide methods you can use to reduce your distress
- Help you to draw upon your personal strengths to successfully navigate the challenges before you
- Identify how you can effectively advocate for yourself
- Share strategies to help you cope with the unknown
- Explore together what your cancer experience means to you
We are available to meet with you face-to-face at cancer centers in Delaware and Chester County, Pennsylvania. To inquire about the availability of face-to-face counseling in your area, call 302-266-8050 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.