Face-to-Face Counseling Services
Handling a cancer diagnosis can be very stressful and demanding. While it is normal to experience distress, when it becomes long-lasting or is getting in the way of daily living, counseling may be helpful. Even if your distress is not extreme, a few sessions of counseling can go a long way to help you feel less overwhelmed and more in control.
Meet an Oncology Social Worker
Our licensed clinical social workers specialize in helping people cope with the challenges that often accompany a cancer diagnosis. Counseling sessions provide you with the opportunity to discuss your concerns in a safe, non-judgmental setting. These sessions focus on ways to ease the emotional suffering you may experience during and after treatment. For example, we:
- Provide methods you can use to reduce your distress
- Help you to draw upon your personal strengths to successfully navigate the challenges before you
- Identify how you can effectively advocate for yourself
- Share strategies to help you cope with the unknown
- Explore together what your cancer experience means to you
We are available to meet with you face-to-face at cancer centers in Delaware and Chester County, Pennsylvania.
To inquire about the availability of face-to-face counseling in your area, call 302-266-8050 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.